Friday, March 28, 2014

Come on in

nextSearch English (US) Come on in! Join Pinterest today...it only takes like a second or so. More like this: edinburgh, work hardand study hard. Join Pinterest Log in Good luck notes to first year students Edinburgh Alumni 86 Pins 157 FollowersFollow Board I hope you enjoy your time at the University as much as I did and that like me you will make friends for life- just as important as a degree! And have fun! 1 Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni Edinburgh is a wonderful city- enjoy your time and profit as much as you can from University years. I can honestly say that my life was changed by the degree I achieved. Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni Dear Bursary recipient, I am very happy that you will be studying at Edinburgh University. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Make the most of it. Its a wonderful University and a great city! Good luck in all respects. Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni I hope your time at Uni changes your life. It certainly changed mine. Try out lots of activities, study and have some fun Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni As autumn approaches each year I get a wave of warm excitement as I think back to starting my University career at Edinburgh. Enjoy it; not every day will be a barrel of laughs but stick with it; speak to folk and keep doing new things. Never again will you have so many opportunities at your finger tips. Make the most of them. And have a pint of Belhaven Best (or a cup of Lady grey tea) for me :) Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni I was the first person from my (working class) family to go to University. My parents could not support me, so I had to supplement the small local authority grant I received by working during the holidays. Civil engineering was a 9-5 course and included lectures and practicals on saturdays. Now, no local authority grants are available so I feel obligated to support you in my old age! Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni I hope you enjoy it and make the most of your time in the city and the University. I can't give you much this time as I have some heavy commitments this year. I hope your time on the course goes a long way to help you fulfill your potential in life. Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni Make the most of this opportunity. Milk this experience for everything it has. Study hard and play hard. Pursue every passion and interest. You'll never have a better chance. Then when your finished, when you can, you too can give something back to your University and the city in which you spend these special years. 1 Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni In my day there were virutally no course fees, only 50 per annum! I'm glad i've contributed to the bursary scheme and helped ensure noone is denied the opportunity of studying at the University of Edinburgh for financial reasons. Take advantage of all that is on offer. Enjoy the life but ensure you work hard as well as play hard. A good degree helps find a job and give you confidence so you can apply yourself at anything. That is what its all about. Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni My years as a medical student at Edinburgh were hugely enjoyable (and very hard work!) - A sure foundation for all that came later. May yours be the same. Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni Just a short note to wish you food friends, a good course and a good time and good prospects Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni Pay it forward - We hope that, as a result of this bursary you enjoy everything that the University of Edinburgh has to offer...as we did when we attended the University. And if, 25 years from now, you are in the fortunate position to do something similar for future students, we ask only that you consider paying the favour forward. Best wishes and have a great time Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni All the best for your time at Edinburgh. Edinburgh is a wonderful city. I was brought up there from the age of eight and did not leave it till after I had graduated from University in 1946. My time at university influenced my whole future life in many ways mostly for the better 1 Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni I hope you will enjoy and benefit from your time in Edinburgh as much as I did Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni Work hard but also enjoy yourself. 1 Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni Try to get out as much as you can out of your years in Edinburgh. Join in as many activities as your work will allow. The more you put in the more you'll benefit from all there is to offer- enjoy it as much as I did! Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni It may get difficult at times but keep going. It will be well worth it in the end! Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni Hope you enjoy studying in Edinburgh Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni It is at this time of year that I become nostalgic about the time I spent as a student in Edinburgh. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there & the city soon came to feel like home. I hope you come to love it as much as I did & that you bursary removes some of the pressures of student life. The university has so many wonderful things to offer and i'm sure you'll make the most of it. Good luck with your studies and enjoy Freshers week! 1 Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni I'm sure you'll enjoy every minute! Edinburgh is just the best place to be. Best wishes for the future 1 Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni David Barzaga Love Edinburgh Enjoy your time at Uni- believe you me it will fly! Please start contributing even a small amount monthly as soon as you graduate you will never miss the sacrifice of a few cups of coffee and someone will gain! Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni With all your studies work hard, and enjoy your time at Edinburgh University (as I did!) Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni I do hope you enjoy your time at Edinburgh. Make the most of it by doing as many things as possible and experiencing all you can. Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni Edinburgh changed my life. I hope it changes yours too. Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni I am sure by the time you read this life at Edinburgh Uni will be well under way. I had the best time studying there and still visit regularly. Have a fantastic four years and the best of luck with your studies. 1 Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni Make the most of your Golden Opportunity 1 Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni Its a great thrill starting at Edinburgh University. I started in 1944 studying mathematics which I greatly enjoyed and again in 1952 when I studied law which became my life work. I wish you good health and a most enjoyable course to prepare you for life 1 Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni I hope you have days filled with interest and friends as I had in my time at Edinburgh in the seventies. Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni Success in your chosen calling, be sure to take part in the many student activities open to you at Edinburgh. You can enjoy a lot besides learning much Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Wonderful City 1 Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Try everything once 1 Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Successful Year Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Rounded Person Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Relax and have fun Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni Dear Bursary Student, As a single parent student in the 1970s it was rather tough. In my 3rd year -largely due to over work i was ill and so got behind with paying my fees. But my personal tutor was able to me funds from a Award. I've never forgotten that which is my personal motivation to contributing! All the best - just take every oppertunity that presents itself! GO FOR IT! :) Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni Make sure you enjoy your years in Edinburgh. The University opens so many doors and the city is like no other! I was a student there for four years, a long time ago and I wish you all the best! 1 Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni You will be studying in one of the worlds best Universities. Enjoy the experience and work hard. I wish you the very best in your chosen career! Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, One of the best Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni I suppose an element of luck does come into it, in so far as you hope to find a subject which you enjoy, and in which you have talent. But merit = I.Q + Effort. Whether you like it or not you will be in competition with others who may well be more intelligent and far harder working than yourself. Motivation has to come from within, aided by encouraging mentors. The outcome of your four years at Edinburgh University may well determine the future pattern of your life. Stoicism too is a virtue. Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, A Glaswegian 1 Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, A very special time Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Beautiful City Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni I was born on a marginal farm in Galloway and my parents were not wealthy. In those days (1945) I obtained a bursary from my local council as that helped me through University I am still in contact with some of my fellow students after all these years. Most of my working life was spent working on strategic planning policy in Birmingham City Council. I wish you all the best of luck with your studies and hope you go on to have a good career. Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Best wishes Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Enjoy them Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Enjoy your course and try not to worry 1 Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni My granddaughter recently graduated from Oxford with a first in law but had to work hard to enjoy herself- a shame how hard. After the war in 1947 things were scarce and i was poor. I struggled with earning but I learnt a lot about life and enjoyed every moment of living in Edinburgh. I wish you all the very best and make sure that you enjoy your time as an Edinburgh University student Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni I hope you enjoy your time at Edinburgh University as much as I did (which was a very long time ago) All my very best wishes go with you Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Enrich Life Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Extraordinary range of opportunities Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Formative years Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Go for it Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, God bless you Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni Enjoy your student time. Make the most of opportunities to attend classes other than your own, join in student life, read, talk, enjoy this brief time away from the need to earn a living. Join new sports - I did fencing and cricket (fencing has a big mental element). Enjoy the golden days of your youth Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Golden Opportunity 1 Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Good wishes Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni I hope you enjoy your studies at this wonderful University. If you are a stranger to Edinburgh, I hope you grow to love its many historic buildings and its rich history and culture. Best wishes Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni Good luck in whatever you do. I myself did not go to Edinburgh but my husband did. He got a 1st class honours (bachelor of commerce) then went on to do his chartered accountants. In his life he was in leasing for 30 years and was MD of many big businesses he always attributed his success to Edinburgh University. He died in 2010 but I continue to give in his memory. Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Life changing Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni Memorable and life changing Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Very best Pinned by pinner Work hard, and be even appreciative of someone who is lightening the load for you at this time of austerity. Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Work hard - Play hard 2 Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Welcome Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Take the time Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni Make the most of this opportunity. Milk this experience for everything it has. Study hard and play hard. Pursue every passion and interest. You'll never have a better chance. Then when you're finished, when you can, you too can give something back to your University and the city in which you'll spend these special years. Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Satisfaction Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni Education has changed so radically since i was at University over 50 years ago that you need no advice from me- but one aspect remains, that you will never again be in an environment whose principle interest is in you, and that you do well. So take all the advice that will be on offer- particularly on time managemnet, for example if your new to Edinburgh, prepare to fall in love for a life time. If you are from Edinburgh, I envy you (still). Nail your backside to the chair on occasion, too. 1 Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Hoping that one day you'll be as proud as I am to be a graduate of a great University 1 Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Makes a difference Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni Make the most of your time at Edinburgh University. It served me well and set me up for following a very successful career. I will always remember my days there. Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Magical years Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, Work hard but as well enjoy your time at Edinburgh. Your friends, you make these will last a lifetime Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, makes a difference Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni University of Edinburgh, As much fun as I did Uploaded by Edinburgh Alumni next

No comments:

Post a Comment